Critically endangered Mexican gray wolves don’t have the luxury of time. The very agencies responsible for protecting Mexican gray wolves are instead managing them to extinction. Your support is needed now before it’s too late.
Please consider becoming part of our Pack or renewing your support through a tax-deductible donation.
Mexican gray wolves are threatened by:
- low human tolerance and high levels of human-caused mortality, including illegal killing
- a small population (186 wolves in the US and 40 in Mexico)
- a lack of gene diversity that reduces resilience, making it harder for the population to adapt to a changing environment
- their range being artificially limited within political boundaries, rather than based on suitable habitat
- human impacts on habitat, including livestock grazing and climate change.
- flawed policies like the proposed 10(j) Management Rule and the 2017 Recovery Plan that fail to follow the best available science and continue to hold Mexican gray wolves back.
At a time when precious wildlife species and the wild places they call home are disappearing at alarming rates, we can’t wait. We must act now to secure a future for Mexican gray wolves and the many species they benefit.
It’s not too late to help these rare wolves win the fight to survive and thrive in the wildlands where they belong!
Please join us in:
- fighting the extinction policies and human intolerance that put wolves at risk
- empowering future generations to be stewards of wolves and their wild homes
- advocating for an end to wolf removals and a renewed commitment to prioritizing wolf recovery in the habitat they need to survive
- championing releases of well-bonded wolf family groups into the wild in addition to continued cross-fostering to meaningfully address the genetic crisis Mexican gray wolves face
- ensuring freedom from arbitrary boundaries so wolves can recover and roam.
We can give Mexican gray wolves the second chance they deserve, but we can’t do it without you.
Please make your tax-deductible donation today, and let Mexican gray wolves run free!