Wild at Art: Call for Entries
The West Valley Arts Council is calling for entries of artwork with wildlife as the theme. Since this is related to their annual Big Read celebration featuring “The Call of the Wild” by Jack London, wolf themed entries are highly appropriate. Their announcement is below:
'now(where), now(here)" art installation by Lauren Strohacker, Flagstaff, AZ, 2009. Photograph by Nathan Renn.
The purpose of the exhibit is twofold: to tie into the West Valley Arts Council’s annual
Big Read celebration, this year featuring Jack London’s book “The Call of the Wild” and
to increase awareness for the preservation of wildlife and recognize artists who derive
inspiration and imagery from wildlife and the environment.
August 9, 2010: WVAC begins accepting entries
September 8, 2010: Deadline for entries
September 17, 2010: Artists notified via email and mail
September 27/28, 2010: Hand delivered artwork to West Valley Arts Council’s Gallery,
19420 N. 59th Ave. Suite #A104, Glendale, AZ 85308
October 1, 2010: Opening Reception 6pm
October 31, 2010: Exhibit closes
November 1 / 2, 2010: Artwork picked up
Any professional artist, 18 and over, residing in Maricopa County in Arizona is eligible to
1. Wildlife must be the predominant theme of the artwork. All entries will be juried
by a panel and only those accepted will be eligible for the exhibit.
2. Artists may enter a total of two works in any 2 or 3 dimensional media. Entries
must be of work completed within the last three years.
3. Digital images are required of the artwork to be entered. You have the option to
send a disc with your entry to: West Valley Arts Council c/o Bernadette Mills,
13243 N. Founders Park Blvd. Surprise, AZ 85329. Or e-mail your images to
firstname.lastname@example.org, please include entry form. High resolution preferred,
300 dpi or greater and in jpeg format. No CD’s will be returned.
4. Pieces will not be eligible without payment of the $15 entry fee per artist.
Payment must be received with the entry form by the deadline date. We accept
cash, checks and credit cards. Checks can be made out to the West Valley Arts
Council. Call 623-935-6384 to make credit card payment
5. Entry must be postmarked no later than September 8, 2010.
6. You will be notified by September 17, 2010 whether your pieces have been
accepted into the exhibit. The dates for the exhibit will be October 1-31, 2010 at
the West Valley Arts Council’s Gallery in Glendale, located at 19420 N. 59th Ave.
Suite #A104, Glendale, AZ 85308.
7. AWARDS: A total of $850 will be awarded. 1st Place $500.00; 2nd Place
$250.00; 3rd Place $100.00
IF SELECTED FOR EXHIBIT
• All work must be appropriately finished, suitable for hanging or display (e.g.,
properly wired, no sawtooth hangers, etc.)
• West Valley Arts Council will handle sales and take a 15% commission on sold
• Artwork can be delivered personally or mailed in. Details will be provided to
• The West Valley Arts Council is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged
work. Artists may wish to personally insure their own work. Submission of work
and entry card signature indicates acceptance of all conditions and waiver of
If you have questions, please contact Bernadette Mills at 623-935-6384
Click here for a call for entries that includes the entry form.